What is SaaS ?
SaaS or Software as a Service, is often referred to as software-on-demand and utilising it is akin to renting software rather than buying it. It can be called Web-based software, on-demand software, or hosted software. Whatever the name, SaaS applications run on a SaaS provider’s servers. The provider manages access to the application, including security, availability, and performance.
Benefits of SaaS
There are a number of reasons why SaaS is beneficial to organisations and personal users alike:
- No additional hardware costs: Share a single, common infrastructure and code base that is centrally maintained. The processing power required to run the applications is supplied by the cloud provider.
- No initial setup costs: applications are ready to use once the user subscribes.
- Usage is scalable: If a user decides they need more storage or additional services, for example, then they can access these on demand without needing to install new software or hardware.
- Updates are automated: whenever there is an update it is available online to existing customers, often free of charge. No new software will be required as it often is with other types of applications and the updates will usually be deployed automatically by the cloud provider. The SaaS provider manages all updates and upgrades, there are no patches for customers to download or install.
- Cross device compatibility: SaaS application can be accessed to data from any networked device while making it easier to manage privileges, monitor data use, and ensure everyone sees the same information at the same time. Access via any internet enabled device, which makes it ideal for those who use a number of different devices, such as internet enabled phones and tablets, and those who don’t always use the same computer.
- Accessible from any location: rather than being restricted to installations on individual computers, an application can be accessed from anywhere with an internet enabled device.
- Easy Customization: Application can be customised and whitelabelled; with some software, customisation is available meaning it can be altered to suit the needs and branding of a particular customer. The ability for each customer to easily customize applications to fit their business processes without affecting the common infrastructure.
It’s no surprise that interest Software-as-a-Service is booming. At this moment most of the venture capital investments occurring in enterprise and with the public markets disproportionately rewarding SaaS companies with huge enterprise value-to-revenue multiples.
At Bdinfosys What we offer ?
We think the number one characteristic of SaaS Product Is Core to the Operation of the Business The product is essential to the operation of a customer’s business. At Bdinfosys we make integrated business management software, CRM etc. We can help you deploy Software-as-a-Service apps. Get an idea, you can hire us to make it possible. We will help you to offer SaaS for your clients.